Volunteer at Winter Games
Looking for an exciting opportunity to see the absolute coolest athletes? Then join us as a volunteer at the Special Olympics New York 2022 Winter Games taking place on February 24-25 in Syracuse, NY. Check out Opening Ceremonies on Friday night or thrilling competition in six sports on Saturday. Winter Games is an event you won’t want to miss!
Volunteers are needed for competitions, Opening and Closing Ceremonies, set up, breakdown, and venue support. Competitions include alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, figure skating, floor hockey, and snowshoe. Individuals and volunteer groups are welcome. Gather your team of 5+ people for a rewarding experience. Groups are often formed from companies, community groups, sports teams, school clubs, and family/friends.
- All volunteers must be age 13 or older. Those ages 13 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No experience necessary. Training is onsite.
- Check out our What to Expect video for more details from some longtime volunteer friends.”
- November 2022: Volunteer registration opens
- End of January 2023: Phase 1 – Volunteer assignments are emailed to all registered volunteers.
- Mid February 2023: Phase 2 – Volunteer assignments are emailed to volunteers who registered after January 25th.
- February 15-24: Phase 3 – Volunteers will be automatically approved and emailed assignment information. Onsite registration is available, but we highly recommend pre-registering.
* If you are not able to pre-register, you can fill out necessary paperwork and show your proof of COVID vaccination at our volunteer registrations desks.
If you have any questions or wish to volunteer as a group, please email email@example.com.
We cannot wait to see you at the Special Olympics New York 2023 Winter Games!