Depending on the type of communication or transaction, we may collect personal information about you, including, but not limited to, your name, address, ZIP code, telephone number, organization name, e-mail address, credit card, bank information or billing information.
You will be asked to provide this personal information when making donations, registering on certain pages of the site or requesting communications from Special Olympics New York. In addition, we may also collect other technical information such as the type of browser, operating system or CPU you are using, the way you are connecting to the internet, your internet protocol (IP) address, your geographic location and your Internet service provider.
Special Olympics New York may share your personal information to:
- complete your donations
- contact you about our ongoing work
- discuss employment opportunities
- discuss ways you can further support our efforts
- fulfill your requests for products, programs and services
- communicate with you and respond to your inquiries
- conduct research about Special Olympics New York programs, services and Online presence; help offer you other programs or services that may be of interest
- provide any requested services or information, such as calendars of events, at the local level through accredited programs
- provide you access to sections of our website that may be personalized for your needs
Special Olympics New York may share, rent or exchange donor names and postal addresses with third parties. Except in the limited circumstances outlined below, Special Olympics New York will never intentionally share your e-mail addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
Special Olympics New York reserves the right to share your personal information in certain situations:
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Transactions. Special Olympics New York uses third parties to provide financial processing services. If you make a donation online, by phone, through the mail or by other means we will share your personal information with these service providers. We believe these companies will treat your personal information responsibly, but we do not own or control them and cannot guarantee your privacy.
- If we have reason to believe that there has been some inappropriate interference with or use of our website, communications, or charitable services, or if we have reason to believe that one of the Special Olympics New York website users, donors, employees or other related parties may have been injured or may have harmed some other party, we will disclose, without notice to you, personal information as we deem appropriate or if compelled by a legal or regulatory authority.
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please sign in with your user name and password and click on My Account. You can change your privacy preferences on that page. If you are unable to sign in, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time at 800-836-6976.
A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from the Special Olympics New York web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect non-identifying information, such as user preferences for a specific website. You can manually delete all cookies using your browser privacy settings menu. In addition, Special Olympics New York uses “pixels,” or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. These pixels do not collect identifying information.
To provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include links to other websites from our website. Special Olympics New York’ privacy practices are not applicable at any third-party sites you access by leaving the Special Olympics New York site.
NOTE: We do not knowingly collect, solicit or allow contributions of personal information from anyone under age 13. If you are under 13, do not send any information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from someone under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from someone under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or call us Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time at 800-836-6976.
If you use Special Olympics New York Online branded communications tools (such as chat boards, forums or social media channels) to disclose information about yourself, that information and your identity can be viewed by other users. It may also be disclosed by Special Olympics New York in response to legal requests; under circumstances in which the Special Olympics New York Online presence may be being used in the commission of a crime; when we believe you or another person may be in danger; when necessary to protect the rights or property of Special Olympics New York, its Accredited Programs or third party providers; or to render service you have requested.